Friday, July 29, 2011

The roof is on the fire II

Photobucket

I haven't got much chance to get tanned as I've been in Rome almost for the whole summer now. We do have a beach here... but excuse me, after the killer-blue sea of Sardegna or Salento or even Sabaudia.. Ostia "mi fa schifo!" (is disgusting). But as I'm about to go on a vacation in a few days (finally me too!!!) I've been taking some sun on the roof instead. I was annoyed, obviously so I brought myself bunch of stuff: my diary (yes I still have one), a book, two magazines, radio (my phone) and some nailpolishes. And my camera (as you can see).


Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

This year my wardrobe's colour palette is all about salmon.
Salmon pink, salmon orange, salmon red.. From scarves to dresses, from accessories to nailpolishes. (don't think I wear them all together although).


Photobucket

All the necessary to protect myself (the dress, the lipbalm, the sunglasses) and some other stuff to have fun: a book about Waris Dirie's (famous model in the nineties) return to Somalia. Some of the stories about the situation in her homeland (today, right now and not twenty years ago) are really terriffying, if not unbelievable. She fights against the female genital mutilation (FGM), you can get more information about it on her site: www.desertflowerfoundation.org/en/


Photobucket

With this post I want say hi to my friend Kadri-Ann who this year, unfortunately, didn't make it to Rome but who I miss like hell!! We used to chill on the rooftoop together. During the day to tan, during the night to watch the stars and chitchat. I think this is the first summer we didn't see each other since we're friends (7 years!!!). But soon we'll make it up, I'm sure.

In the meanwhile ciao to ya all,
stay tooned,
M.

PS! I'm still working on the post about Café Naïveté.

4 comments:

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

Ah how awesome is it that you have a roof that you can sue for tanning! Or star watching :) Oh and how about sunrises and sunsets? Maybe you should post pics of your views at different times of the day :)

Café Naïveté said...

You are so right! It has been a long time since I've been there for a sunset, I should have some pictures on the pc, should post them here:)

By the way, yesterday saw like 4 falling stars, my personal record!!

Kadri-Ann said...

OH I MISS YOU TOOOO MY DARLING!!!!!!!! OEh jah ma just eile torisesin üksi, et ei saagi kohe peale folki lennukile ja paradiisi lennata! aga pole hullu, järgmine kord teeme kõike 4kordselt ja 4korda kauem (HOPEFULLY! :D) igal juhul üliülikahju, et see suvi ei näe, aga selle eest näeme hiljemalt sügisel! sest mul igatsus juba liiga suur, et talveni oodata!

Café Naïveté said...

:D jah... time equals luxury!!! nàeme varsti juba kindlasti, I'm sure about it:)
aga summerweekile làheme me raudselt jàrgmise kahe aasta jooksul, seda ma sulle luban my darling <3