Sunday, February 27, 2011

MAXXI - National Museum of the 21st Century Arts in Rome by ZAHA HADID


Photobucket

Almost a year ago MAXXI was finally open and me an my friend Concetta visited it. Read about MAXXI in my previous post here! If visiting Rome MAXXI is A-MUST-SEE, just as much as Colosseo is. I cannot really put in words my reactions when I first saw it. It's just A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! There are many different opinions (and some quite negative) about the project. I personally find Zaha Hadid's idea brilliant. The thing with modern architecture (and art) is that, before giving a judgement one has to understand its purpose. Building safe-looking constructions with harmonical facades and logical plan distributions is not what architecture is about. TODAY. Yes, because we are living in an era where every single thing is doubted and under question. And that's what art and architecture are denouncing. Zaha Hadid's project is a built proof of it - there is a total confusion going on. Once inside one has the sensation of getting lost continuosly.. going up and down, right and left.. nothing else but a total déjà vu! Take a look at the pictures yourself


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Oh that's me

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket





INFORMATION

Opening hours:
Tue-Wed-Fri-Sun 11.00-19.00
Thur-Sat 11.00-22.00

The ticket office is open until 1 hour before museum closing.

Closed:
every Monday
1 May
25 December

5 comments:

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

Oh I would totally love to attend! It's exacrtly the kind of artsy events I love so much - I always have the most fun! Awesome that you got to go!

Elyssa said...

Wow! This museum is amazing!!
Hope all is well merilin! xo

somethinglovelyhere.blogspot.com

KÄRT HAMMER said...

oooo!

davidikus said...

The building looks fabulous. You are so lucky to live in Rome!

http://davidikus.blogspot.com/
http://www.davidranc.com

PS. Thanks for the comment on my blog.

SC said...

AMAZING!