Sunday, November 22, 2009

Click Clock Being On Time.. you bet I am. Here's what Karl suggests

Photobucket

No, I'm not gonna tell you how busy I'm going to be this week and that I have to make tests in Italian, History, Art History, Law and Maths lesson, I have to go to maths extra-lessons twice this week (yes, I'm louzy in maths, I suck! But I'm on a good road becoming a genius, one fine day, yes I am), I'm gonna have to go to the hair-dresserer (yes I literally HAVE TO), I have to see two exhibitions for school, I have to see MAXXI and the Valentino movie with my friend Concetta, I have to finish my architecture project, abso-f-lutelly, I have to go shopping (otherwise I'll be going around naked. I'd rather, than dress badly... just like Coco says (Coco's Tea Party check! ) ), I should go and leave my CV-s in shops (in the hope for a job under Christmas, I know, it's late) and in the end.. should I say, I'd like to take a moment and breath, too? Or is it too much to ask. No, I guess not, I should have learned how to organize my time, already. Being 19 and BLABLA everything... It's about time, isn't it? But it could wait, at least tonight.. I want to post about Karl's apartment (and stay up late and tomorrow morning be zombi). Yes The Lagerfeld. I did like this pret-à-porter collection (Spring 2010), it kinda is classical but not boring, with an extra twist and catch in it. I find it inspiring. Take a look at it and what he says to Harper's Bazaar, I find this interview also inspiring:

Photobucket


Can I still look chic while buying cheap?
Karl:
"The most important thing is to sleep well. Try to have sweet dreams and no recession nightmares. Never use the word cheap. Today everybody can look chic in inexpensive clothes (the rich buy them too). There is good clothing design on every level today. You can be the chicest thing in the world in a T-shirt and jeans — it's up to you."


Photobucket


"..Reinvent new combinations of what you already own. Play with it. Improvise. Become more creative. Not because you have to, but because you want to. Evolution is the secret for the next step. To reinvent a newly impeccable you in the most modest of outfits, don't skip on makeup, and be sure to have flawless skin and hair. That will have more impact than expensive clothes."


Photobucket


"..Women dressing to impress other womenforget about that. It's a very bad way of thinking.
.. Life should not be a fashion show. Only the girls in the shows have to wear unfinished prototypes."



Photobucket

Here's his home (one of them), in Paris, I think. It was in Elle Italia September issue, if I'm not wrong. I couldn't live in it. Too black&white and surgical. But I appreciate his taste and vision of life. Seems like he only wants the essential and colours may disturb and distract him to get the "juice" out of the world. The apartment is very modern and infact he says, that because of some materials used, just newly invented, he gets amused thinking that only few years ago he could not have realized this apartment. ( I guess we are talking about some plexi-chemical-synthetical-glass in this case. In this apartment basicly there are no real walls that separate the rooms, only this kind of a wall of glass). Down on the first picture you see the kitchen (in the left, on top), the library and a huge guest room (on the left, on the bottom), a part of the guest room with a very modern "sofa" if I can call it that way. The bathroom, the bedroom (on the left) and the guestroom. I had this article somewhere and I should read it so I will be able to describe it better. In the meanwhile, I hope your week is less crasier, and you're a better time-organizer!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

the paris apartment said...

Absolutely fabulous interview! I just saw the documentary on him. What a legend. I love his philosophies!

Café Naïveté said...

:) I should see it too. I have to admit, I only discovered him a little ago. I admire him for his modern thinking!

ROCK AND FIOCC said...

si è vero. sono tutti cool e giusti e la cosa mi annoia a morte. io stessa mi annoio da sola!