Friday, October 30, 2009

"The one good thing about not seeing you is that I can write you letters."

First of all, I know I've been absent for some days.
As I live so far away from my school (like I need to take 4 different trains, metros and busses to arrive, - I know, I'm crazy), I decided to stay for few days in a week at my grandparents place and they live only half an hour from my school, in a lovely neighborhood called Garbatella, it's like a new Trastevere in Rome. The only bad thing there is.. they don't have web, and that's why my blog may suffer a bit for it. But don't worry, every weekend I will do at least 3 posts.

Photobucket
Today I wanted to write about letters. About receiving them, about writing them, about the people to who I write, and maybe most importantly about the people who write to me. I really like the process, it's so gratifing and so exiting.

Photobucket
Writing a letter is really a personal thing. You can't write to anyone, there are people who don't write letters, never have and never will, and people who DO. Fortunatelly I know many of them. I discovered it when I first left Tallinn, my birthtown, about four years ago. Later, with many of them I started emailing instead (super tecnological and so unpatient as we are) but with someone the traditional letter-writing thing still works.

Photobucket
Here are pictures of some letters my dear friend Kàrt has sent me. She has a really entertaining way to write them, or should I say, compose? or even better, "project". Her letters, but more often packs, are everything else than traditional. She sends me pictures cut out from magazines like vogue or I-D, then some sentences and quotations, drawings and photos of her everyday life. It really is like receiving a birthday present every time I get her letter, I never know what's inside. She sends me also CDs and little toys, food (okay, juts bisquits, but BISQUITS! in a letter!!).. I JUST LOVE IT! Better than kinder surprise! Once she sent me a cocktail glass she "borrowed" from an art gallery opening. It's sacredly standing on my shelf, holding my bracelets and earrings inside of it.

Photobucket

At this point I'ld like to talk about her work too, she's infact an artist and I find her works and paintings really, really really sensational. She really has got a talent. And I'm talking about The Talent, with big letters. Chech out her blog (click!)

Photobucket

Thanks goes also to (for keeping the contact):
Ahti, Helena, Kirsi, Eva, Anna-Liisa, Hannele and most importantly to my best friend Kadri-Ann.

Photobucket

No comments: