Monday, August 06, 2012

Oh Polaroid, my new Love!


This year at MADFest at Harrow campus (University of Westminster) there was a pretty nice workshop organised by Keyphoto Impossible Instant Film. As we arrived quite late it was the first and the last one we took part of. Everyone who wanted could lend a camera, take pictures and later on have them pinned up for the exhibition. A few hours later, while rushing to work I received a phone call from Kate, stating we had won the competition. My first reaction was what competition?! Then she said we had won a polaroid camera. You can only imagine how happy I was, I bet my hyper ectsatic reactions were hard to be ignored by people around me! The competition photos, (on the first one you find me in the left, Andrew in the middle and Kate in the right):

PhotobucketPhotobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

If it hadn't been for that competition I probably wouldn't never end up betraying my beloved Nikon after years of loyal services. But relationship with Polaroid is so exciting! It's full of surprises. One polaroid phrame requires the kind of preparation and attention which digital photography with it's perfection and comfort made us forget about. I really love it! And although it is not the cheapest hobbies it is so worth it. Soon I'll post you the polaroids I took during my summer holidays ;)

PS! the book above is The Polaroid Book by Taschen which I discovered to have at home in Rome, there are some pretty awesome polaroids, unbelievably good! I'll try to post some here as well.


XX


PS!PS! Don't forget to support CN on facebook here!

No comments: