Wednesday, February 17, 2010

ELECTRICAL CARNIVAL

Photobucket

Yesterday it was Martedi Grasso- the big Carnival Day. It was such a blast!! We celebrated it at the Akaba (which is in Monte Testaccio, the big clubbing "hill" in Rome), they're playing mostly electro music. It was really crazy, the costumes were great, lots of Amy Winehouses, Jack Sparrows , Audrey Hepburns, Heath Ledgers as Joker and ofcourse.. Lady Gagas. My friend got a brilliant idea and dressed herself up as Andrea "Andy" Sachs from the Devil wears Prada, she pulled the look perfectly off! and me... well as all was planned on the last minute I kinda forgot to think about the costume. There were two quite bizarre costumes: one woman clearly imitated Brigitte Nielsen (for a moment we already thought it was REALLY her) and other two men were dressed up as yellow lego pieces!

HOW WAS YOUR CARNIVAL?


PS! Fish'n'Chips played the music in one of the spaces, check them out on myspace (click!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

8 comments:

la flore et la faune said...

STOP & THINK ?

think about ... ?


Nice party, I love nightlife photos.

Bises

Café Naïveté said...

The shirt is from the H&M Aids campaign collection (against ofcourse:D)

I think everybody would like to see a little bit more of that fuzzy and bizarre nightlife of Rome, I think everybody is more used to see the eternal city more as a tourist-city rather than a place where to party;)

The Photodiarist said...

Awesome party pics. i almost feel as though I was there!

▲ FARRAH ▲ said...

Looks like a fabulous fun party!! Love party pics, filled with so much joy :D



Also, a lil something for you and your awesome readers:
DISTRIKMODE is giving away a gorgeous pair of diamond earrings to our highest Haiti Fund donor. Come make a fabulous difference!



Farrah
WWW.DISTRIKMODE.COM

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

This looks and sounds like so much fun! I really like the 'Andrea "Andy" Sachs' costume idea, your freind looks great! I love the photos of Rome in your previosu post too - stunning scenery! Rome in snow was also interesting to see. In Italy, I've only been in Milan so far, but your pictures reminded me that I'll need to go see Rome some time soon too

Anonymous said...

Woooooow, your blog is quite phenomenal beauty and sooo sensuality!

Agneta, a swedish one o;)

Lisa Petrarca said...

I've never been able to travel so I love your pictures...thanks for taking me to Rome!

Maybe someday...sigh...

Café Naïveté said...

Lisa!- You must see Rome at least once in your life, just as Paris or London I think:)

Feel free to let me know once your coming;)

Agneta- thanks!